Category: Local Traditions and Cultural Journey
Ancient Village Journey of Trunyan
What You Can Expect
Experience The Ancient Funeral and Traditional Village
If you are looking for something different to do while you are visiting Indonesia this private tour to a traditional village will be just that! Here you will have to attend the ancient and unique funerals of the Trunyan people and learn about the local culture.
The inhabitants of Trunyan come from a traditional Bali village known as ‘Bali Aga’, or ‘Old Bali’. These people from the village of Trunyan live a very traditional daily life that is very different from the rest of Bali.
The Trunyanese do not kill their dead. After a cleaning ritual, the corpse is placed in a bamboo cage (locally known as ancak saji) under the tree of Taru Menyan. Taru Menyan means “pleasant tree odor”. This tree emanates a perfume that neutralizes the odor of rotten bodies. It is also this tree whose name Trunyan is derived. Moreover, typical of Trunyan funeral rites, is that only the bodies of married people are allowed to be placed in bamboo cages.
I grew up in the neighboring village of Trunyan village, so I have very good relations with the villagers and I can take you to places that other guides can not. I will also ensure that you have a pleasant experience there and that no one in the village will bother you for the extra payments – people in the village of Trunyan are notoriously known to bother and cheat tourists if you do not The good guide.
This visit will include a visit to the Trunyan Cemetery, a tour in the traditional pedau boat, and ideas on local beliefs about the corpse and funeral processes in Trunyan.
Trunyan Village is located east of Batur Lake and can be accessed by car. In this village you will learn about Trunyan lodging and traditional lifestyle. You will also visit the ancient temple of Ratu Gede Pancering Jagat in Trunyan.
- A visit to the magic burial of Trunyan
- Meet and greet the native Balinese tribe
- Enjoy the stunning view of the ancient Batur Caldera
- Boat trip at the beautiful, quiet and biggest Lake Batur
- A private tour with friendly local experience guide
- Air condition round trip transfer from your hotel
- A visit to one of the best rice terrace in Bali
- Drive through countryside of Bali
Please contact us for availability
- Entrance tickets
- Boat tickets
- Private guide
- Snack & bottle water
- A visit to rice terrace
- A/C Car
- Traditional cloth for temple visit
- Personal expanses
- Gratuity for guides
- 8.00 AM for NUSA DUA, JIMBARAN, KUTA, SEMINYAK, LEGIAN, CANGGU, SANUR, SIDEMEN, AMED, CANDIDASA, LOVINA, GIANYAR area
- 9.00 AM for UBUD area
- Not sure with your hotel area? CONTACT US FIRST
- Confirmation of availability will be received within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking receipt
- Deposit of US $20 per person is require for confirmation. PAY DEPOSIT HERE
- Cancellation at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- Cancellation between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Cancellation within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.